Has it happened to you to fell in love with someone that didn’t want you? Or, even worse, to feel compelled to pursue someone who doesn’t deserve you?
These days we are talking a lot about weight loss and how people can’t resist the temptation of alluring foods. What we don’t talk about though is something that happens more often and to most people. We don’t talk about the unhealthy temptation (that we give into) of calling and following someone that says no to you through their behavior.
Looking from outside, seeing a miss treated girl, you might think she should stop loving a person that doesn’t deserve her. Yet, when we are in the situation, we get blind, we refuse to give up.
It takes courage and a lot of discipline to say no; to say “I had enough of this”, leave the past behind and move on.
If you’re in a similar situation (loving someone who doesn’t deserve you), to get through this challenging moment in your life, you must, first, accept the facts, but more importantly, allow yourself to feel sad.
In this kind of situations, sadness is a tool that helps you improve your life, stop feeling compelled to pursue undeserving people, and restore your self-respect and well-being.
You just can’t find the right words to express your sadness? It may not be easy, but expressing your sorrow and despair can be healthy and makes you free.
That is why we have compiled a list of sad quotes to which you might relate too. Some of these phrases are from people who experienced the deepest level of loss, heartbreak, regret, misery, and unhappiness.
Below you will find 25 sad girl quotes to help define what you’re going through:
1. The saddest thing in the world is loving someone who used to love you.
2. “I’ll always be here for you,” they said… then left.
3. I thought I lost you but you were never really there.
4. When you’ve been sad for so long that when something bad happens you don’t cry, you just sit there and feel numb.
5. Pretend during the day. Break inside at night.
6. That moment when you burst into tears in your room and you realize that no one knows how unhappy you are.
7. I don’t remember what it’s like to not feel broken.
8. She’s strong, but she’s already exhausted.
9. We used to talk for hours. Look at us now.
10. You’re afraid to tell people how you feel because it will destroy them, so you bury it deep inside yourself where it destroys you.
11. Yes, I love you. But I’m done fighting for your attention.
12. I’m often silent when I’m screaming inside.
13. I could say “I’m fine” in front of you with tears in my eyes and you would still believe I was.
14. We’re like dominoes; I fall for you, you fall for another.
15. And she finally gave up, dropped the fake smile as a tear ran down hear cheek and she whispered to herself “I can’t do this anymore”.
16. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.
17. Some days, I feel everything at once. Other days, I feel nothing at all. I don’t know what’s worse: Drowning beneath the waves or dying from the thirst.
18. People cry not because they are weak, It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.
19. Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed, and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart.
20. Emptiness feels so heavy.
21. The worst feeling is wanting to cry but having to hold it in because you are in public.
22. Silent tears hold the loudest pain.
23. Have you ever wanted to cry but no tears came out, so you just stare blankly into space while feeling your heart break into pieces.
24. She’s standing on a line between giving up and seeing how much more she can take.
25. I tried really hard, I promise. But one day I just woke up and I couldn’t handle it anymore.